18 Oct 2015

Review: You Are Mine




Title:  You are mine
Original Title: You are mine  
Saga: Mine
Author: Janeal Falor 
Publisher: Chardonian Press
Genre: YA, Fantasy, 
Release Date: May 6th, 2013





Summary: 


Serena knows a few simple things. She will always be owned by a warlock. She will never have freedom. She will always do what her warlock wishes, regardless of how inane, frivolous, or cruel it is. And if she doesn’t follow the rules, she will be tarnished. Spelled to be bald, inked, and barren for the rest of her life—worth less than the shadow she casts.

Then her ownership is won by a barbarian from another country. With the uncertainty that comes from belonging to a new warlock, Serena questions if being tarnished is really worse than being owned by a barbarian, and tempts fate by breaking the rules. When he looks the other way instead of punishing her, she discovers a new world. The more she ventures into the forbidden, the more she learns of love and a freedom just out of reach. Serena longs for both. But in a society where women are only ever property, hoping for more could be deadly.
 



My Opinion:

This book is AMAZING! 
The cover is beautiful, it caught my attention since I saw it. As soon as I read the summary, I got tangled into the story. 

We find a very disturbing society in which women are nothing else than a possession for men to have children and nothing else. They are literally possessions, like objects more than a person, they have no freewill, they can barely talk to themselves (because talking to someone else is forbidden). The more magic there's on their blood the higher value the women have. 

So, Serena is the protagonist of the story and despite her wishes, it's her time to be married (owned) to a powerful warlock. And she is sold to one as soon as her father knows she has a great amount of magic. But, Something happens that changes her life 360º. 

The book was unpredictable, it has a good plot, an original story. Its a Fantasy Story like no other. 
I was unable to put the book down. 

Janeal has a very nice writing style, so different of the ones I've been reading lately, its heartwarming.  The way she describes her world makes it easy to imagine, hard to live but intriguing to discover. 
The whole world-building is amazing. 

Serena is strong and has a mind but she is too afraid to speak up because of how she was raised. I admire her, she is punished for everything and she is still there walking and watching like nothing happens. It was kind of annoying that she would just not understand that Zade is not like everybody else, despite all the hints he gives to her. 
She is always afraid. Of the punishments, of society, of Zade. But mostly, She is afraid of being strong, of having a mind, of being herself. 
Her constant "Taunting" feeling around Zade is Irritating. But yet, understandable. 

Zade is so funny and Smart. He actually cares and the way he treats Serena is Elegant and Classy. He is so sweet and charming.
There is actually a lot to say about him, but none without spoilers. Thats cruel. 
Well played Falor... Well played. 
All I can say is, that he is not like all the other warlocks. And that is exactly what makes you fall for him so hard. 


Just as a personal note: I admire all girls in this book. I would be totally unable to live around this society. I would have been killed for having an opinion and opposing to be punished for that. 

The book is mind-blowing, with dynamic characters, easy to imagine dark, edgy, stiff world. 
I deeply thought this book was about finding your voice, fighting for what its worthy and what its right, about finding the light in the darkness and about not fitting in. 


I recommend it to everyone. 
This book is a must-read.


My heart aches with tears. His actions only spur them on harder.


His gaze pulls me, draws me in. I move toward him. Breathing becomes more difficult. We're only inches apart. I tilt my mouth toward him. He slants his head closer. Is he going to kiss me again? I want him to. Oh, how I want him to.




Rating:


Rated like this because... 

      • Dynamic 
      • Amusing Plot
      • Interesting Characters 
      • Captivating World-Building 

Free e-book for limited time on Amazon!!! 



 About the author.


Amazon best selling author Janeal Falor lives in Utah with her husband and three children. In her non-writing time she teaches her kids to make silly faces, cooks whatever strikes her fancy, and attempts to cultivate a garden even when half the things she plants die. When it's time for a break she can be found taking a scenic drive with her family or drinking hot chocolate.

Connect with the Author:  


  

I received a complementary copy from the author in exchange of an honest Review.



 Thanks for Reading! 
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about the book. 
Will you read it?