16 Mar 2016

Twice Upon A Time


I know its been a long time since I posted a review.  So I'll post some in the near future. 
But for now... Here we go




Today I am introducing a very interesting and exciting book which you were already able to see on the blog. 

But here we go with a more complete way to introduce you to the book. 



Title:  Twice Upon A Time
Original Title: Twice Upon A Time 
Author: Hope Irving
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Romance
Release Date: Oct. 31st, 2015











Summary: 


Once upon a time, there was the wandering soul of Morgann, an 8th century Irish calligrapher-monk longing to be reunited with his soul mate. Deirdre was his forbidden love, a witch with whom he wrote a coveted book.

Under her spell, the souls of the star-crossed lovers travel from bodies to bodies until they find each other. Eventually.
That became his quest: unearth her new body and trigger her memory, for she is clueless about whom she once was. Unfortunately their story didn't get a chance to become a fairy tale yet it still turned out as a famous urban legend referred as The Black Angel Book. 


Twice upon a time, not so long ago, there was me, rational and devastated Rose. I needed to get a grip, said my French mum after my year of numbness due to a painful break-up that led me to cut my wrist daily, to feel something, anything.

So she sent me off to the free-spirited village of Provincetown, Massachusetts, to spend the summer with my American relatives. And just like that, I wasn’t myself any longer. Because someone pulled me out of the darkness and bewitched me, somehow.

I couldn’t wait to jump his bones… but why was he holding back?
He couldn’t wait to welcome me into his world… but was I ready to question my convictions and acknowledge that my self-inflicted cuts were now healing in record time?

How could I have imagined he was longing for his own unorthodox fairytale to come true? Frantically







My Opinion:

When I started reading this book, was not making any sense one my head. 
The first part was way too still. Like nothing was actually happening. 

But suddenly changes when Rose meets Virgil. There was so much passion and fire between them that you are suddenly hungry to see what the next page will bring on.

The scenes were so beautifully written and the flaming red scenes were so smooth that you get chills as you imagine those guys. 

The character development is so complex on both characters just because you're not looking at two but four characters with four different personalities in the mind and actions of two of them. But Hope just got the right way to simplify this and even if sometimes is confusing you actually can get the difference on how much Virgil wants something or at what point he is doing it because of Morgann and Deidre. 

The plot has a construction that is easy to imagine the situations but I got surprised on how much twists it has without making us loose the interest. 

Virgil sounds like the kind of guy you could fall in love with and still fuel your lust making you wish for him. 

For Rose, She kind of exasperated me with so much depression on her but the development is incredible... From being almost a Zombie to a Girl fired up with life. 

After the few pages where you get to meet the characters, you can read it in a wow. I would highly recommend it to anyone who (like me) believes that love can take over any barriers, predestinated love, fate and soulmates. 


That meaningful book didn’t belong to us. It was theirs. So meaningful they ended up referring to it as poisonous when I’d rather call it visionary. 

Virgil was meant for me; no question about it. I was hoping he shared my feelings

Out of curiosity, I had questioned my ability to feel something. I did. It hurt. Not too much. The right amount to feel alive, at least. 



Rating:


Rated like this because... 

      • Its something refreshing and new. 
      • Those hot moments around the story that keeps you hungry for more. 
      • All those plot twists. 
      • Refreshing plot 

But...


    • I'm not very fond of slow starts 
    • Rose low self-esteem to get  THAT depressed over a breakup... Made me nuts! 



Lets give it a word on the new cover shall we? 
The first time you saw the book on the Blog was with a previous cover. 

I'll describe the new cover on one word: Spicy! 

For me at least, looking at those abs in a perfect combo with those arms... 
YES PLEASE! 
Its something more, sexy and mature than the first one. And it sends a message loud and clear. It is not a youngster fairytale. Its shouting at you... THAT body is giving some action on the pages. 

I think the change suits the story in a lovely way. However, I'm still missing the triquette which was a symbol and a clue on the book. It meant something and had a reason to be there. I'm unsure on why take it off when you could have blended it on the actual cover. (A tattoo on his arm maybe? Or even as a watermark at the back.

Hit me on the comments and tell me which one you like the most!! I'm interested on knowing your opinion. 


BEFORE                  |               AFTER
      


Anyways, That or This cover, the content doesn't change. It is still a wonderful story that many people should be reading. 

With that said... 
Don't forget to add it to your Amazon cart!!  Just click on the golden button. 

       






About the author. 

Hope Irving is the proud mother of a lovely and witty young lady, and the lucky wife of a loving and supportive husband. She's a debut indie author who lived in Paris, France, most of her life and also in the US, where she graduated with a master degree.
She loves Nutella and Camembert cheese (not together), carrot cake and cinnamon Altoids. 
Her favorite fictional characters are Eric Northman (Sookie Stackhouse series, Charlaine Harris) and Sean Bateman (The Rules of Attraction, Bret Easton Ellis). 

Connect with the Author:   




I received a complementary copy from the author in exchange of an honest Review.

 Thanks for Reading! 
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about the book. 

Will you read it?