6 Sep 2015

Review: Vampire Academy




Title:  Vampire Academy
Original Title: Vampire Academy 
Saga: Vampire Academy #1
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Genre: Young-Adult, Fantasy
Release Date: Aug. 16th, 2007


Summary: 


Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires—the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making Lissa one of them.

After two years of freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy, a school for vampire royalty and their guardians-to-be, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. But inside the iron gates, life is even more fraught with danger…and the Strigoi are always close by.

Rose and Lissa must navigate their dangerous world, confront the temptations of forbidden love, and never once let their guard down, lest the evil undead make Lissa one of them forever…



My Opinion:

It was an amazing read. 
When I started it, I didn't knew it would be THIS good. I was expecting a "Just-OK" Book. But its surprisingly good. Good enough for not stop reading till finish the whole saga. 

Its simple, fast, not a lot of complicated words, its descriptive, full of action even if it was a little slow and there were some little parts that were boring, but I've come to notice that even those boring scenes, have a reason for the future books. 

Its a well planned and executed trama. Everything is connected in a very clever and interesting way. 

Even when its about vampires, it has a very unique concept of them. 
Mead manages to add Royalty to this mysterious vampire society which, I must say, Its amazing and kick ass. 

It has wild turns that are a total cliff-hanger. When you think you've figured out things... Suddenly, they change. Thats something I appreciated a lot. 

The chemistry between Dimitri and Rose in their situation of mentor-student makes the limit lines look stupid, specially when the limit lines are in their minds... I mean, Rose, No offense girl but with someone like Dimitri, I would break the limits and drag him home at the first glance... 

Romitri is a damn hot forbidden couple that makes you heat in a second. Then you go with Lissa and Christian to chill a little. 

About the characters... 

Rose. She is stubborn, mouthy, cocky, irresponsible, but she is do damn (repeating my expressions) Kick ass. 
When I was reading about her struggles and how far she is willing to go to protect Lissa... I want a friend who cares this much about me. 

Lissa. Pretentious, dumb and so fracking selfish... She is totally a Princess, but not a very impressive one. There's a point in the story that she got in my nerves and wanted to hang her from the highest tree. But at the end, she has a little grow and she learns to stand for herself which makes her a little more of a nice character.

Natalie. BITCH. 

Christian. He is kind of fun and so trapped on the concept people has of him that he doesn't realizes that he can have a better concept of himself. He is a loner. He is so cute but so stupid too. However I love the way he fights with Rose. 

Dimitri. He is PERFECT. He is really THE God that the characters says he is. Smart, Talented, Strong, Sexy, Mystery suddenly has a face, he is from Rusia which adds him some more appeal. He is a total "know-it-all" and I love it. He is honest and true to himself. He is the perfect male hero without being arrogant or self-conceited. (I'm afraid that if I keep talking of Dimitri I'll release major spoilers in here...




The only thing better than imagining Dimitri carrying me in his arms was imagining him shirtless while carrying me in his arms.


“A ghostly smile flickered across his face. "If you weren't so psychotic, you'd be fun to hang around." "Funny, I feel that way about you too." He didn't say anything else, but the smile grew, and he walked away.”

I had a standing arrangement with God: I'd agree to believe in him—barely—so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays.


“The greatest and most powerful revolutions often start very quietly, hidden in the shadows. Remember that.”

“Love and loyalty runs deeper than blood.”




Rating:



Rated like this because... 

    • Romitri is intense. 
    • Dimitri is a God. 
    • Well written. 
    • Interesting trama. 
    • Dimitri is so sexy. 
    • Great way to introduce Vampires into the world. 
    • I liked the Royalty idea. 
    • Dimitri is HOT as HELL 
    • Lissa and Rose friendship is beyond links and words. 
    • I could actually picture a world like this. 
    • Lissa and Christian are a cute couple. 
    • Shocking Twists at some Predictable lines. 
    • Did I mentioned... Dimitri? And how a damn hot god he is. 



The only thing I have to say on the bad points of this book is: 


    • Everything happened too slow. 




Thats all for this review. 
Just one last line: 

I'm changing Astanei for Belikov. 




About the author.

Scorpio Richelle Mead is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy books for both adults and teens. Before becoming a writer, she considered a few different career paths. She has a bachelor's degree in liberal arts, an MA in Comparative Religion, and a Master in Teaching degree for secondary education. In the end, she decided writing was the way for her but believes all of her education prepared her for it.

Connect with the Author:       







 Thanks for Reading! 
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about the book. 
Will you read it?