15 Jul 2014

The Selection.

En Español aquí !!

Title: The Selection. 
Original Title: The Selection 
Saga: The Selection #1 
Author: Kiera Cass 
Publisher: HarperTeen 
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Fiction, Romance
Release Date: April 24, 2012

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide 
Summary: 


For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. 
The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. 
 But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. 
 Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.





My Opinion:



At first, I doubted of reading this book. I read so many bad reviews and some others that were just fine that I was really unsure if I would like this book. 



I end up reading this book because of a BookTuber. (Her channel here)

I follow her since I once read something she wrote and I found her youtube channel and so far, all the books she liked, I find that I like them too. (In bigger or smaller proportions) 


When I finally got the book and started reading it, I thought it was kind of a Big Brother TV show. 


But later, I found myself finishing reading the book with a very good concept of it. 



I think its a very unique story, the characters are just normal people in a messed up country fighting for their dreams. 


The protagonist, America Singer, its a very centered character at the beginning but after The Selection happens, she starts being a madly nuts character. She turns to someone vulnerable and indecisive, to the point that she made me rage for not taking a decision. 



Prince Maxon, is exactly that, a charming prince. He is so cute and passionate and he is the kind of a strong character that wants to change things in his country, but he also wants someone who can really love him. And the things he does during all the book, demonstrates that he is willing to find his love and his strength to fight for that, made me want to fight harder for my rollercoaster relationship. 



So i have to say, he totally earned this: 

The Selection by Kiera Cass



And finally, the book has a background story that is clearly overshadowed by the romance, but that I consider it would be good to know.  A little more into the dystopia. 



In general, I liked the book. It made me read it fast and expect the last book which I bought and already read. 


And all i have to add is: 

Read it! Enjoy it! 
Its worth a try. 


*Personal recommendation if you are in love! 

** I recommend it if you are a new reader. 


Rating:





I rated it this way because: 

    • Its a good story
    • Fast to read 
    • Emotionally surprising 
    • Made me part of it 
    • Original
    • Good character profile
    • Descriptive
    • Has a handsome prince ;D


But... 


    • Too centered in one thing 
    • Missing background

My Reviews of The Selection Saga: 

    





Thank you for reading! 

Please, leave a comment and let me know if you liked it, if you didn't or if you plan to read it.